POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : UV mapping without image file? : UV mapping without image file? Server Time
28 Apr 2024 20:12:32 EDT (-0400)
  UV mapping without image file?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 28 Jul 2016 20:20:01
Message: <web.579aa111e98267af5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
I have a simple procedural texture that I want to include in a layered texture
definition (agate with a simple color map).
Agate is 3D, and doesn't quite give me the sort of look I want - I think it
would look much better wrapped around the surface of my object.   A simple box
looks pretty close to what I want.

Is there a way to define a texture, and include that directly into a uv-mapped
texture definition without going through the whole rendering to a file and then
pulling the image back in for the uv-mapping?

As always, thanks.