POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media density : Re: Media density Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media density
From: omniverse
Date: 25 Jul 2016 07:00:00
Message: <web.5795f00c1a150b85b1933f770@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> I'm thinking of the value that the `density` statement passes to the
> media statement. Which it gets from the df3 file

Is it possible your thinking of the hf_gray_16 output file, of which the docs
say:

height = 0.3 * red + 0.59 * green + 0.11 * blue

I took a look at the documentation regarding df3 and didn't see anything
relating to this same formula, except I'm going to guess it might be used when a
df3 is put into a normal {} statement.

I sure can't say what's what about this, just thought I would mention what it
made me think of and that was the height field formula above.