POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sampled photo in RGB space : Re: Sampled photo in RGB space Server Time
2 May 2024 14:53:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sampled photo in RGB space
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 22 Jul 2016 21:10:00
Message: <web.5792c33271d66b005e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
tth <tth### [at] noneinvalid> wrote:

>     And the result is here :
> http://la.buvette.org/photos/myrys/20ans/fx/colorcube.avi

That's quite a fascinating video!

I do believe I'll be watching that many more times as I investigate all of the
ways to manipulate and analyze color and it's usage in my scenes.

It's quite interesting to see how your graph is so similar to mine - that long,
unvarying stretch across the "gray diagonal" and then you get a rising of a
"spine" in the Green, and some clusters in the Red and Purple, and a big blob in
the Yellow and Orange at certain points.

I may see if plotting colors in HSV or other "color spaces" gives more
interesting results.  Given some more work, I think some of the graphs of color
are nice looking things in their own right.

Very nice work - I really like the overlay of the color graph on the video.

Thanks for sharing!  :)