POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Study in sunsets : Re: Study in sunsets Server Time
3 May 2024 03:45:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Study in sunsets
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 22 Jul 2016 21:00:05
Message: <web.5792c099ad296a1d5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
> Since my last image on metal monsters, I have been experimenting with
> sunsets in which the background sky remains blue. It is something I
> often see from my RL window at a particular hour of the evening. I have
> put the background sky into a separate light_group illuminated by a noon
> sun, all the rest is illuminated by a sunset sun (both from CIE.inc btw).
>
> The clouds are a scattering light grey media within a hollow spherical
> shell of a certain thickness.
>
> This view is attractive I believe and a reminder of more southern climes.
>
> --
> Thomas

That's a great looking cloud formation you have there.  I very much like the way
you have the varying colors in different portions of the cloud mass, and the way
the light strikes them from that "underneath" angle.

I think you've grasped the essentials of the lighting and the colors, and the
manner that your lighting evokes that - late afternoon illumination of something
near by something so very big but so very far away.  If this is a new avenue of
expression, I very much look forward to seeing LOTS more of it   :)

Very nice work, Thomas.