POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface doodle : Re: Isosurface doodle Server Time
22 Jun 2024 06:44:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface doodle
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 19 Jul 2016 21:15:01
Message: <web.578ecf98ca82f27f5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
TOK,

Thanks for the pointers to R Suzuki's work  :)

You and he seem like two peas from the same pod.

"#declare function = function of a function of a function...."   :D

It's certainly made for some interesting reading, and there's a lot of good
things for me to think about with all that you and he have talked about.

I wish I could have spent more time pov-ing in graduate school ;)

It looks to me that other people have had somewhat similar interests way back
when:
http://news.povray.org/povray.general/thread/%3CX### [at] 204213191226%3E/?ttop=284668&toff=4500

I think I see what you're doing in terms of "subdividing space" using the SELECT
operation in functions.  It will probably take me a little while to whittle
things down to a level where I can start to explore that in a meaningful way,
but I definitely see the shape of what you're doing out at the horizon.

Again, many thanks!