POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface doodle : Re: Isosurface doodle Server Time
3 May 2024 23:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface doodle
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Jul 2016 07:15:00
Message: <web.578cb96cca82f27f5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>

> I'm not really sure what that has to do with the crackle pattern.

It has to do with the generation of a defined 3D network of points - in general;
any network, potentially infinite, based on math.

As you can see above, the diamond pattern was the first I mentioned, and crackle
was another.  Specific instances of a more general interest.
I know others have mentioned in the past wanting to gain direct access to the
seed points for crackle, and I think that "direct access" or access to a copy of
most of the simple infinite patterns would be an extremely useful thing.

I tend to zig and zag for a while until can get some perspective and inspiration
and home in on some ideological asymptote.

Crackle just sort of makes my head hurt, especially in 3D, and I didn't want to
_start_ with that.  (Plus, it is HOT here - whew!)  Diamond is defined, rigid,
regular, and there was some discussion about calculating the position of any
point in the network.  Coupled with
http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~vnanda/source/rwalk.cpp ,  I thought I'd take a stab
at that.

Apologies for any confusion.