POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rounded/chamfered text : Rounded/chamfered text Server Time
7 May 2024 16:20:57 EDT (-0400)
  Rounded/chamfered text
From: JimT
Date: 12 Jul 2016 06:20:00
Message: <web.5784c38eb2366ec2be7517870@news.povray.org>
Dear All,

It seems to be a good time to upload stuff to do with text.

In order to put some pressure on me to squash some final bugs, I'm uploading
four images made with a text system that is based on Sam Benge's excellent
rounded linear prism macros (rlp.inc) available from the object collection.

The system comprises:
1) A set of rounded/chamfered fonts (Roman, Math Italic, Greek with quite
   a few mathematical symbols);
2) A #macro to typeset a POV-Ray object based on a string variable using
   some control characters to go into maths, etc.;
3) A collection of #macros to typeset more complex mathematical objects
   in various ways using interim object components.

I seem only to be able to attach one image at a time. This one is of the
formulae for a Fourier series.

If there is any interest, and specifically an offer of help to do a bit of bug
hunting, I will post the code.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'cl_rlp_fourier_series_test.png' (193 KB)

Preview of image 'cl_rlp_fourier_series_test.png'
cl_rlp_fourier_series_test.png