POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : How to address last 2 components of 5-component vectors? : Re: How to address last 2 components of 5-component vectors? Server Time
3 May 2024 03:11:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to address last 2 components of 5-component vectors?
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 7 Jul 2016 14:05:00
Message: <web.577e98cbff0686005e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

> Sorry to disappoint you,

Not at all - very interesting and great to learn and get a link.

Of course, while we're on the topic, can we address .hf ?
I tried Vector.hf and POV-Ray was sad and made the Founding Coders cry.
Does this need an include file of some sort to work?

Note: The .hf operator is experimental and will generate a warning.
fn_Pigm( ).gray to get the gray value of the color vector
gray value = Red*29.7% + Green*58.9% + Blue*11.4%

fn_Pigm( ).hf to get the height_field value of the color vector
hf value = (Red + Green/255)*0.996093