POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 32 uv-mapped bicubic Bezier patches : 32 uv-mapped bicubic Bezier patches Server Time
10 May 2024 17:46:24 EDT (-0400)
  32 uv-mapped bicubic Bezier patches
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Jun 2016 22:05:02
Message: <web.576f3776fc3379e15e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
OK, so I managed to noodle out the 8 different possible "straightforward" square
control point matrices - starting out from one of 4 corners and beginning the
definition of the patch in either the X or Z direction.

These were rendered with the default counter-clockwise uv-vectors, as pairs of
front and back faces of the patches.

Then a second set of patches were rendered with the uv-vectors running
clockwise.

It's still not clear exactly how the uv-vectors and the control points map to
each other, but I have noticed that you can pick out mirrored sets of matrices -
so that might be a good lead to pursue tomorrow.

I'm posting this here now for interested folks to look over, ponder, and
hopefully make some helpful observations and suggestions.

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '32 uv_mapping tests.png' (2289 KB)

Preview of image '32 uv_mapping tests.png'
32 uv_mapping tests.png