POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Warehouse WIP : Re: Warehouse WIP Server Time
7 May 2024 14:14:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warehouse WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Jun 2016 17:20:00
Message: <web.5765ba212bcb87f380403a200@news.povray.org>
Alain <kua### [at] videotronca> wrote:

> As for the wood of the pallets, it's often very rough, using cheap
> "utility" grade wood. Very rough, unfinished, unplanned, knotty and
> often split, with some bark left... It's also almost always light
> coloured: white pine, light yellow pine, light oak,...

rendering a good, convincing wood texture is always a challenge, and I can only
imagine how to get a good cracked and split wood plank.

I found a pretty amazing carboard box development HERE:
https://www.verdoorn.nl/tiki-index.php?page=CBCKManual

Really great and extensive work on a simple object.

> > I'm thinking about how to write a macro to shrink-wrap a loaded pallet - not
> > sure how I'll do the crinkly plastic film...
> >
> Good luck on that one.

Thanks - I'm working on it - slowly   ;)