POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Warehouse WIP : Re: Warehouse WIP Server Time
7 May 2024 15:17:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warehouse WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Jun 2016 21:20:03
Message: <web.5761fe372bcb87f35e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Playing some more with it, and just gonna put these thoughts here, since I'll be
out of town for a week.

Need to make a tilable shrink-wrap graphic.

Adding connecting cylinders from the top corners of the bottom box to the bottom
corners of the top box fills in the corners (<Alan Rickman> OB....viously <Alan
Rickman>)
So the thing to do might be to trace a curve with a "sphere-sweep" loop or a
sphere-and-cylinder-sweep inside the blob { } statement to give one of those
minimal-surface soap bubble things.

Possibly just rewrite the stacking macro to make a separate shrink-wrap object,
and tracing up the sides of all the boxes, and filling in with curves - there
will need to be some logic in there.

My original idea was to somehow use trace{ }, and possibly generate a mesh.
I'll have to look make at some of the "mesh maker" things people have made in
the past.

Ok.  The best to all.  Good night.  I'm out on the road tomorrow.