POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Warehouse WIP : Re: Warehouse WIP Server Time
7 May 2024 11:00:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Warehouse WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Jun 2016 20:45:06
Message: <web.5761f5a42bcb87f35e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Jaime - thanks, it's something that I'm sure will develop over time, and help me
learn more about the many aspects of good POV-Ray scene composition.

I had the idea of using an isosurface to model the stacked boxes, and then
blobbing them together, as demonstrated in the docs,

but a real cube aligned to the axes is more difficult than it appears, and then
there's the issue of stacking different sized boxes...

So then I figured that Friedrich's Wire_Box would be easily adapted to wrapping
[sic] in a blob{ } statement, ... and then I could just uv-map it with a
shrinkwrap graphic.

I need to figure out how exactly to build a stack of boxes in the 3 nested loops
(X, Z, Y) inside a blob statement...   :O

REALLY rough stab at stacking 2 boxes attached.   I need to undergo some blob
reeducation to get a good "wrap" look.  I think that maybe if I do the graphic
correctly and add an alpha channel, it might not look half bad...

Paolo - thanks for the kind words.
The pallets are generally fairly orderly, except for mid-"project".
This is the "clean" look.  You can't imagine when it's "full" and "chaotic"  ;)
> The light is very pleasant, more pleasant than in ordinary warehouses.
The light is actually just a grid of point lights.  Can't get any more basic
than that.   The area light I tried was way too soft and flat.
Maybe after I add windows and some strong sun, it will be better.
And dust.  Lots and lots of dust.

> You can add even yellow tape on the floor to mark the spaces
Yes, maybe in real life too  :D

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'blob box test.png' (87 KB)