POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : A Challenge : Re: A Challenge Server Time
29 Apr 2024 17:45:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Challenge
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 7 Jun 2016 11:20:00
Message: <web.5756e5df37cf3d52fd6b6fe10@news.povray.org>
> On 7-6-2016 10:41, jr wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> > On 07/06/2016 06:51, Anthony D. Baye wrote:
> >> So the challenge, for anyone who cares to attempt it, is to come up with an
> >> artefact of one type or the other and put it in a suitable context.
> >
> > would the https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_pillar_of_Delhi count as an
> > "ozymandia"?  not that Dehli is ruined (yet).
> >

> Not any more I think.
>
> --
> Thomas

I had an idea for a precursor portal system composed of crystalline Doorways.
The Doorways are not gates, in themselves, but anchor-points.  The idea was that
there is really only one "Gate" device, which is so advanced that it is not only
sentient, but also possesses Intellectus w/regards to all the anchor points in
the network.

The Doorways themselves aren't built so much as grown.

Regards,
A.D.B.