POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Catenary Bridge (WIP) : Re: Catenary Bridge (WIP) Server Time
3 May 2024 14:59:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Catenary Bridge (WIP)
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 4 Jun 2016 22:55:00
Message: <web.575393bd15adef735e7df57c0@news.povray.org>

> Cool. I've always enjoyed views of such bridges. The New Rivers Gorge
> bridge as an example.
>
> Bill P.

Thanks  :)
I actually managed to grab the geo data from USGS, convert it into a png, and
then a heightfield, and once I got it all scaled and un-lost myself in the
aerial view, I managed to get things reasonably aligned.

Still needs some scaling and repositioning, and then it's mostly a matter of
working on the textures, seeing what I can do with plants again :O  and all of
that skilled stuff that takes forever.   :D

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'catenarybridge.png' (812 KB)

Preview of image 'catenarybridge.png'