POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Lathe and Prism updates requested by Christoph. : Re: Lathe and Prism updates requested by Christoph. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 23:51:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lathe and Prism updates requested by Christoph.
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 26 May 2016 19:10:01
Message: <web.574781c09ebd2b235e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> The default value is: right<1.33,0,0>. This means that the +x-direction
> is to the right. It is called a left-handed system

I would say that there is a definite handedness to POV-Ray, given the sign of
different directions on the axes, and the direction of rotation around the axes
in the (+) direction, I'd have to say that there's a default and inherent
chirality.

Left-handed coordinate system, and "left-hand rule" for determining things like
direction of rotation or direction of a normal.

But that's my take as an organic chemist, casual and incidental student of
physics and POV-Ray (l)user.