POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The lemon is ready : Re: The lemon is ready Server Time
17 May 2024 19:16:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The lemon is ready
From: LanuHum
Date: 19 May 2016 11:50:00
Message: <web.573ddf71370a969c7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>

> Yes, the /invention/ of Bezier curves was driven by the French
> automotive industry.
>
> But as the article also notes, that was around _1960_.
>
> Car body quality requirements have increased quite a lot since then.
>
> Note how the "Applications" section in that article lists computer
> graphics, animation and fonts, but /not/ [contemporary] automotive design.

We distracted, but the task remained unresolved.
Task:
To place five spheres so that centers of spheres lay on a lemon surface.
difference{
lemon{}
sphere{??}
sphere{??}
sphere{??}
sphere{??}
sphere{??}
}

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/attachment/%3Cweb.573cb381370a969c7a3e03fe0%40news.povray.org%3E/lemon.jp

WRITTEN_FOR="LANUHUM"
use_bezier_lathe = False
use_lemon = True
#macro Calculate_points_coords_lemon_surface(number_x,number_y,number_z)
//bla-bla-bla...
replace, please, //bla-bla-bla... with the working source code
If it isn't in documentation, then I don't know how to the rocket to attach
wings
:))))))