POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Metal Monster" WIP : Re: "Metal Monster" WIP Server Time
5 May 2024 15:39:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Metal Monster" WIP
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 10 May 2016 17:20:01
Message: <web.57324f9882700af7cc0d6d70@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> You are frightening me. :-)
> Too much of an insight.

Only some nerdy thoughts.
Really interesting are the social consequences, if small separated metal parts
can act independant from each other...

> Well, shiny isn't everything.
> It is hard to see your texture. It is obscured by the geometry. Quite
> amazing.

I learned decades ago - pulverized metals are darker than solids, non-metals get
brighter (band gaps bla, bla..). This is hard to realize within a povray
material, but you are right - fractalized or micronized metals aren't very
shiny. To my knowlwdge this is especially true for noble metals.

To obscure structure and texture contributions is one of my few standard tricks.
Here is the basic little fractal...

Norbert

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: