POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Metal Monster" WIP : Re: "Metal Monster" WIP Server Time
5 May 2024 13:05:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Metal Monster" WIP
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 10 May 2016 11:50:00
Message: <web.5732029782700af7cc0d6d70@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

> Failed?
>
> You've got high standards in QC.
> I particularly like the pair on the right. Shiny.

They don't give me the impression of a living transforming metal.
But I downloaded one scene with three metal materials in pb.scene-file.

Perhaps it's the color. Colored metallic elements are rare (copper, gold, (pure)
caesium and bismuth (pale reddish)). Even the "new" transuranium elements aren't
colored - they are all silvery metals (even "Eka-Gold). The metals, which come
near the description given in the tale are those from Bohrium to Darmstadtium
which are noble metals with densities near 40. Of course they are extremely
radioactive...
But perhaps a metal intelligence with deforming abilities is able to deal with
nuclear forces?

Norbert