POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Metal Monster" WIP : Re: "Metal Monster" WIP Server Time
26 Jun 2024 04:46:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Metal Monster" WIP
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 10 May 2016 04:05:00
Message: <web.5731950482700af7cc0d6d70@news.povray.org>

> Holy Metal! This is really good! Satisfyingly alien.

Yes, I love the alien aspect of the tale.

As Camus wrote in "Sysiphus":
"At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the
softness of the sky, the outline of these trees at this very minute lose the
illusory meaning with which we had clothed them, henceforth more remote than a
lost paradise. The primitive hostility of the world rises up to face us across
millennia."

But it's difficult to depict it in a still image...
Here are some more tests -

Norbert

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: