POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Irid vs SSLT redux (with less assumed gamma) : Irid vs SSLT redux (with less assumed gamma) Server Time
6 May 2024 13:52:42 EDT (-0400)
  Irid vs SSLT redux (with less assumed gamma)
From: Simon J  Cambridge
Date: 2 May 2016 08:45:01
Message: <web.57274aabda101431acfa7bc90@news.povray.org>
Since I have been told that I am a very naughty boy and must not use
assumed_gamma 2.2 nor misuse irid in any way shape or form, I have reworked one
of the images in accordance with this new theology.

Points of note. The meshes need severe sub-division, the more the merrier. I
also ran the gamut of 20 to 50 mm_per_unit for SSLT and settled on 40. Irid is
really good at highlighting the normals which SSLT tends to hide.

But ... is this necessarily a good thing?

Simon.

PS. I do have an excuse for 2.2, though! CRTs! And POV-Ray versions 1, 2, 3,
3.5, 3.6, 3.62......... And CRT's! Do NOT forget CRT's!

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ssltvir01.png' (1226 KB)

Preview of image 'ssltvir01.png'