POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Ground fog doesn't appear : Re: Ground fog doesn't appear Server Time
23 Apr 2024 05:56:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ground fog doesn't appear
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Apr 2016 12:40:00
Message: <web.571e479756bd46acb488d9aa0@news.povray.org>
clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote a lot of great stuff:

Whoa.  That's a very interesting list of stuff.
Very educational.   I would have never thought of, and therefore never caught
several of those.

Sometimes I'd love to see a thread - or a section of the documentation - be
devoted to showing how SDL can get buggy or do unexpected things, and how best
to avoid or unravel it.

I'm curious if there's a way to determine if the media is inside an object, or
the camera is inside the mesh you mentioned.  Is there an inside/outside test
that can return a value?

Something like isenclosed(myObject) would be mighty handy.
It could return yes/no true/false, or the type of object that it is "most
directly" inside.  (if MySphere were in a box that was in a cylinder,
isenclosed(MySphere) would return "box".
I'm sure that's one of those things that's nearly impossible to do.

There's still SO much I don't know about what can and can't be done in POV-Ray.