POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Cheap dual Xeon E5 2670 for rendering : Cheap dual Xeon E5 2670 for rendering Server Time
28 Apr 2024 22:36:15 EDT (-0400)
  Cheap dual Xeon E5 2670 for rendering
From: jhu
Date: 21 Apr 2016 13:10:01
Message: <web.57190929c0fb63c55802fb0@news.povray.org>
So, apparently these things are being decomissioned by Facebook and others, so
these CPUs are really cheap on eBay right. I just bought a pair for about $130.
Kind of crazy for a CPU that used to cost >$1500 each. Have motherboard, case,
RAM, and power supply coming in the mail. 16 cores/32 threads of goodness. I'll
post up benchmarks when I get this thing up and running.