POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 360 VR YouTube Video of sIBL's HDR Panoramic Images (for environment maps) : Re: 360 VR YouTube Video of sIBL's HDR Panoramic Images (for environment ma= Server Time
8 May 2024 11:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 360 VR YouTube Video of sIBL's HDR Panoramic Images (for environment ma=
From: laser
Date: 17 Apr 2016 03:00:00
Message: <web.571333adcaed51c1e516a83b0@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> "laser" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Or if you need to look at this from my channel video list or would like to look
> > at my other videos, here's my channel URL:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/MrMcSoftware/videos
>
> Futuristic City Under Construction...
>
> Cool!
> I like abstractions.
> I don't know how to make it.

Thanks!  I've seen your name a lot (I look at "Image Digest" every day).  It's
called a mandelbox fractal.  I wrote a blog post about it (including algorithm).
 There are many better webpages on how to do it though.  Here's my blog
(mandelbox is the most recent entry):

http://mrmcsoftware.wordpress.com

BTW, my futuristic city video has the worst case of youtube quality reduction
(due to compression) of any of my videos.  I'm glad you could look past the
reduced quality. :-)