POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 360 VR YouTube Video of sIBL's HDR Panoramic Images (for environment maps) : Re: 360 VR YouTube Video of sIBL's HDR Panoramic Images (for environment ma= Server Time
8 May 2024 00:06:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 360 VR YouTube Video of sIBL's HDR Panoramic Images (for environment ma=
From: laser
Date: 17 Apr 2016 00:40:01
Message: <web.57131321caed51c1e516a83b0@news.povray.org>
"Koppi" <jak### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Laser, here's my latest POV-Ray animation: some fastclouds.inc, a plane and a

> stereo:
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AJtC37wxEs
>
> I'm playing with ambisonics sound synthesis and the ambiX ambisonic plug-in
> suite.
> The current YouTube player does not yet support ambisonics sound synthesis, but
> this feature will be added in the near future. Here's some recommendations for
> Video and Audio encoding and a link to a test video:
>
> https://storage.googleapis.com/jump-inspector/Jump_Inspector_Quick_Start.pdf

That will be rather interesting.  I looked at both of your omni-directional
videos (the infinite mirror one as well).  I didn't hear any sound but that's
probably because (as you said) youtube player doesn't support ambisonics yet (or
maybe I need the plugin, or both).

BTW, I wanted to do a "walk-through" on my 360 art gallery video, but with all
the distributed raytracing (soft shadows, glossy/fuzzy reflection,
antialiasing), and youtube wanting at least 24 fps (though, for the sIBL one, I
made it 10 fps and it still worked), and high-res, the render-time would have
been too much.  I might do a version with no reflection on the floor, no soft
shadows, no brick (therefore, no bump mapping on the walls), and no antialiasing
(the brick is really what made antialiasing necessary).