POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 360 VR YouTube Video of sIBL's HDR Panoramic Images (for environment maps) : 360 VR YouTube Video of sIBL's HDR Panoramic Images (for environment maps) Server Time
8 May 2024 16:10:39 EDT (-0400)
  360 VR YouTube Video of sIBL's HDR Panoramic Images (for environment maps)
From: laser
Date: 15 Apr 2016 10:50:00
Message: <web.5710fdf0c8a8132be516a83b0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

(CC BY NC SA 3.0)) HDR panoramic images in the sIBL archive on hdrlabs.com (many
places around the world (mostly United States though)). The images in the sIBL
archive can be used as environment maps in your scenes.  I purposely sequenced
them in order, and with an index in the description area. If you have a
compatible (new enough, etc.) browser (or app) and device, you can interactively
look around (press pause on the video for more time to look around (you can
still look around while paused)). This video contains the processed images - to
get the original HDR image files, download the corresponding zip file at
hdrlabs.com

  With a smartphone, you can move the phone to look around. With a computer, use
the "pan button" at top-left corner or drag pointer or WASD keys. If you see a
warped looking image, you're not seeing it right (not compatible browser or
something).  You also may need to set the quality to the highest your system and
internet connection can take (up to 4k resolution).

  Sorry for all this "how to view" info...  I don't know how many people already
know about YouTube's 360 vr video capability or how many people have compatible
devices/systems.

video link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl5-qm8FKUo

Or if you need to look at this from my channel video list or would like to look
at my other videos, here's my channel URL:

http://www.youtube.com/MrMcSoftware/videos