POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Last Mile : Re: The Last Mile Server Time
18 May 2024 00:03:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Last Mile
From: Dan Byers
Date: 13 Apr 2016 20:55:03
Message: <web.570ee9d6895e2ca6cfcf65b60@news.povray.org>
Stephen <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On 4/13/2016 12:14 PM, Thomas de Groot wrote:
> >>>

> >> But no bees?
> >>

> > bees?
> >
> I might be misremembering but I recall a series of animations. Where two
> bees told a very bad joke.
>
> --
>
> Regards
>      Stephen

Your memory serves you correctly.  There were a total of four short films
involving bees and bad humor.  They were originally created to test various
film-making concepts and techniques, things I hadn't had an opportunity to play
with since I went through my film-making phase in my youth (ahh, that lovely
time when I was convinced I could create the next "Star Wars" episode armed with
only a Super-8mm silent camera and a film-making budget of zero dollars and zero
cents.  Those were the days...).

Will I be revisiting my little bee friends?  Hard to say.  I will most likely
leave the original films alone -- the source code and audio files are scattered
from here to Timbuktu.  I'm looking forward to creating new film adventures
featuring...whatever!  I really don't have a clue, and I think I'm okay with
that :)

--
Dan Byers
dbdoodles.net