POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Last Mile : Re: The Last Mile Server Time
18 May 2024 01:56:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Last Mile
From: Dan Byers
Date: 13 Apr 2016 20:40:06
Message: <web.570ee640895e2ca6cfcf65b60@news.povray.org>
"omniverse" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote:
> Very liquid, and I have to wonder if you were consciously or subconsciously
> thinking of hot and cold when you originally made this. Nearly freezing water
> and viscous lava?

Wasn't thinking of _anything_, really, apart from "How do I create a macro that
will make a ring of blob elements, all varying in radius, then translate those
blobs all over the screen?" ...and then once I figured _that_ out, I went about
making it shiny and reflective, 'cuz that's what I like to see! :)

I do like the hot-versus-cold angle... never occurred to me.  Very
interesting...

--
Dan Byers
dbdoodles.net