POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sky light render : Re: sky light render Server Time
7 May 2024 05:46:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sky light render
From: And
Date: 9 Apr 2016 05:15:00
Message: <web.5708c7fa87bb2a51af5560460@news.povray.org>
I explain the file. Open the 'sky_render enviroment.pov' you will see the screen
below:

'projection' decide the output type is spherical or fisheye. We often use the
spherical.
'half_render' is for raising the rendering speed because the output image is
always symmetric(except the noise).
'sp_radiance_per_white' adjusts the output brightness. If it sets 1, then the
rendering output will be the spectral radiance itself, but over 10^8 so it is
unreasonable. So we must set this amount to darken it. The larger this number,
the darker the output.
then the wavelength setting is for the spectral rendering composer that written
by Ive, so it can't be modify. (I didn't write a composer)

'calc_secondary_scatter' and the quality setting I will interpret latter.

The following is the main part you can modify the atmosphere condition.
'f_rayleigh_extinction_coefficient()' is control the color of the sky because
the molecule Rayleigh scatter make the sky blue. then two
f_mie_extinction_coefficient()' and 'factor_mie_anisotropic' control the
aureole, haze, etc because small(to large) particles can scatter light in this
way. Latest is the 'f_absorb_extinction_coefficient()' that control the
additional absorb in the air.
'ground_albedo' influences the sky only when secondary scatter is enable.
'sun_zenith_angle' is the... you know.
'sun_position_marked' marks the solar zenith angle with a small cross shape.
When you make the sky_sphere map you should turn it off.
'sun_angular_diameter' is about 31' (so 0.5 degree) by our view. This setting
transforms the radiance and irradiance of the sun correctly, but the simulation
still treat the sun as a infinite small parallel light.
'camera_altitude' is the altitude of the camera.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'sky_render povfile.png' (143 KB)

Preview of image 'sky_render povfile.png'
sky_render povfile.png