POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Experimental alternative diffuse models : Re: Experimental alternative diffuse models Server Time
29 Apr 2024 12:41:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Experimental alternative diffuse models
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 6 Apr 2016 08:55:01
Message: <web.5705071b76d9c5208020c8510@news.povray.org>
Sometimes I read these threads and wonder when "POV-Ray version QED" will be
available:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLQ2atfqk2c&list=PL8590A6E18255B3F4

I must confess, I watched the whole thing, and I found it fascinating, because
he says things about the behaviour of light that I've always wondered about, and
that they Never Ever mentioned in my entire academic experience, which was very
long and very painful   ;)

I think it's excellent that a new diffuse reflection model is being experimented
with - I'm sure there ought to be some interesting technical and artistic works
appearing in short order.

Just curious if the thin film refraction model that POV-Ray uses is based on
what Feynman discusses in his lectures...