POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Water: povray play with -1000 : Re: Water: povray play with -1000 Server Time
4 May 2024 18:53:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Water: povray play with -1000
From: Anthony D  Baye
Date: 26 Mar 2016 03:30:00
Message: <web.56f63993c8daa11fd6b6fe10@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> See:
> http://blender3d.org.ua/book/ocean/img/430.jpg
> http://blender3d.org.ua/book/ocean/img/432.jpg
> http://blender3d.org.ua/book/ocean/img/438.jpg
>
> We can't make it in Povray.
> If we will lower the camera below water level...
> Where praised caustic of Povray?
> I saw lessons here:
> http://www.f-lohmueller.de/pov_tut/backgrnd/p_wat1.htm
>
> :) :) :)
>
> I have a lesson of the Blender which was before: night ocean.
> I don't represent as to make it in Povray.
> If to lower the camera in water...

I believe that PoV-Ray can simulate all of these results.  I know the theory,
but it would probably take someone better than me to do it.

1) start with a solid height_field or isosurface for the water geometry
2) give the water a good material with fade_distance and fade_power
3) use SSLT for the sea foam,or a scattering media with an aoi pattern for the
density.

for caustics, you would need to use photons.

Regards,
A.D.B.