POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cave concept : Re: Cave concept Server Time
28 Sep 2024 17:50:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cave concept
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 22 Mar 2016 20:10:01
Message: <web.56f1de85a030485439f559520@news.povray.org>
dick balaska <dic### [at] buckosoftcom> wrote:
> That site is pretty impressive.

Glad you like it. I haven't updated it for about 5 years now (although I have
been far less productive of late, so there's only experiments and simple scenes
to add really). I keep meaning to redo it in a cleaner style and make it easier
to add content, but so much to do and so little time...

> Awesome stone here (but I don't like the girl)

Yeah sorry I went a bit mad for posable humans for a brief time, but was never
patient enough to sort out the clothes... doesn't help that the model is
actually an anime-style non-realistic figure. The brickwork was the main goal of
the mesh macros that Jaime has been using so well recently. Quick renders,
realistic shapes.

> But I love the girl here

Also my favourite. Although I cocked up the caustics behind the glassware, which
still bugs me :)

Bill