POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Rendering two sheets of paper : Re: Rendering two sheets of paper Server Time
2 May 2024 22:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rendering two sheets of paper
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 21 Mar 2016 07:15:00
Message: <web.56efd76c58b90b635e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"bocovp" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> I want to get this tiny shadow which is formed by the topmost sheet on the
> bottom one.
> Since the distance between the sheets is VERY small, I cannot just place two
> meshes with different z-coordinates.

"Can't" ??
I would guess that given what POV-Ray is capable of, that you just need enough
separation and the proper camera angle to be able to see the shadow.

You could add a fake "shadow layer" which is just another "piece of paper" lying
directly on top of the lower sheet.
texture {pigment {rgbt <0, 0, 0, 0.4>}}

Maybe there's something you can do with bicubic_patches and texture /
interior_texture.

I think you can define "negative light sources" and negative pigment values -
maybe you could investigate that.

I'd probably just start googling "POV-Ray paper" or some such variant, because
there's GOT to be plenty of pieces of paper modeled in the past.  Look in the
old IRTC archives for scene files.   Scroll through the scene files sections of
this forum and see what's in there.