POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : scifi image : Re: scifi image Server Time
19 May 2024 14:11:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scifi image
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 19 Mar 2016 17:55:00
Message: <web.56edc9dc7d6c0df1c030457e0@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:

> Thank you!
> When I see your images, I see myself the impotent man.
> The blender doesn't rescue.
> I am interested in the maximum opportunities of CPU of a normal linux-desktop
>
> The motherboard supports 64 Gb?
> My computer has 16 Gb RAM and swap = 25 Gb
> If the scene uses more than 40 Gb memory: problem!!!   :)))))

First, since "Avatar" an amateur doesn't seem to have any chance to generate
real 3D art anymore - at least this is my opinion.
All we do is just for fun. For me this insight is kind of relieving.

So I forget having to make nice images - if an idea works, fine - otherwise it
gets stored...

Second, I use win7 and swapping is nearly impossible nowadays.
My main render machine has 32 GB and I plan to upgrade to the maximum of 64 GB
(sic!). This is not only because of the motherboard, my processor (i7-5960X 3.0
GHz) doesn't support more than that IIRC.

I haven't seen a 40 GB scene yet, but perhaps I generate one - it should be easy
without meshes...

Happy rendering
Norbert