POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : scifi image : Re: scifi image Server Time
7 May 2024 02:09:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scifi image
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 19 Mar 2016 17:40:00
Message: <web.56edc6427d6c0df15e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:

> the scene was inspired by Lee Griggs
> (http://www.leegriggs.com/335056/3779154/home/xgen-rendered-with-arnold-for-maya).
>
> The ground consists of >2 million prisms with height and color determined by a
> crackle-based function

Some of that looks like stuff I spilled on my lab bench when I was an organic
chemist, and then it crystallized as it evaporated...

That looks like a lot of imaginative fun, and all I can say is - WOW - that's a
really great image that will be fun to explore.  :)
Thanks as always for sharing your talent.