POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : scifi image : Re: scifi image Server Time
7 May 2024 03:57:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scifi image
From: LanuHum
Date: 19 Mar 2016 17:00:00
Message: <web.56edbb107d6c0df17a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"Norbert Kern" <nor### [at] t-onlinede> wrote:
> "LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
>

> > No. No!!! Sorry!
> > I about creation of a scene.
> > Before to render, I shall manipulate polygons, formulas.
> > The result displays the openGL window.
> > In the Blender if the number of polygons are more, than 1 000 000 brakes begin.
> > You have 18 million objects. One object: number of polygons = N
> > 18 000 000 * N = oh, my god!
> >
> > You don't use a preview scene?
> > You write the source code and you gives it to a render?
>

> I fear I don't use a preview outside of my head.
> But I use two computers - one for rendering and the older one for
> coding/modeling etc.
>
> Of course we all know this is a severe povray limitation, but I got used to it.
> I for myself envy you about your Blender knowledge.
>
> A 1.000.000 polygon issue sounds hard, I made several images with such an amount
> of triangles from 2001 on.
> But to be precise there are some Povray limitations around this number too.
>
> So you get an error, if you call more than 1 million user-defined functions...
>

> Norbert

Thank you!
When I see your images, I see myself the impotent man.
The blender doesn't rescue.
I am interested in the maximum opportunities of CPU of a normal linux-desktop

The motherboard supports 64 Gb?
My computer has 16 Gb RAM and swap = 25 Gb
If the scene uses more than 40 Gb memory: problem!!!   :)))))