POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : scifi image : Re: scifi image Server Time
7 May 2024 22:33:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: scifi image
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 19 Mar 2016 16:25:00
Message: <web.56edb5227d6c0df1c030457e0@news.povray.org>
"LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:

> No. No!!! Sorry!
> I about creation of a scene.
> Before to render, I shall manipulate polygons, formulas.
> The result displays the openGL window.
> In the Blender if the number of polygons are more, than 1 000 000 brakes begin.
> You have 18 million objects. One object: number of polygons = N
> 18 000 000 * N = oh, my god!
>
> You don't use a preview scene?
> You write the source code and you gives it to a render?

I fear I don't use a preview outside of my head.
But I use two computers - one for rendering and the older one for
coding/modeling etc.

Of course we all know this is a severe povray limitation, but I got used to it.
I for myself envy you about your Blender knowledge.

A 1.000.000 polygon issue sounds hard, I made several images with such an amount
of triangles from 2001 on.
But to be precise there are some Povray limitations around this number too.

So you get an error, if you call more than 1 million user-defined functions...

Norbert