POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : BlendPov-alternative: screenshots : Re: BlendPov-alternative: screenshots Server Time
9 Jun 2024 10:36:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BlendPov-alternative: screenshots
From: LanuHum
Date: 18 Mar 2016 18:25:00
Message: <web.56ec7f9ea4dc7df27a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
"jhu" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "LanuHum" <Lan### [at] yandexru> wrote:
> > Cloth:
>
> How well does your exporter deal with particles, specifically hair? The official
> exporter doesn't deal with hair very well, even after converting the hair
> particles to a mesh.

To represent hair as mesh, it is necessary to use modifiers: skin or solidify.
In this case it is necessary to set up everything manually. My exporter or
official - it doesn't matter.

Now the my exporter supports three types of hair:
1. Straight lines. Written as cones with support UV. Fast render!
2. Curves. Written as sphere_sweep
3. Curves. Written as spheres along curve.

First demo - first type:

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'hair_cone.blend.jpg' (384 KB)