POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : printing object's identifier : Re: printing object's identifier Server Time
5 May 2024 07:26:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: printing object's identifier
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 18 Mar 2016 14:20:00
Message: <web.56ec4699374275025e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
jr <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> man, talk about bein' put on the spot.  ;-)

:D

> I don't mind doing the 'legwork' (though, as a beginner, just how useful
> such a sample scene would be is questionable), but have to confess that
> I can not think of /any/ realistic use case for Parse_String(); lack of
> use case may well be a contributing factor to the macro not being used
> in the sample scenes.
>
> I will put a simple, contrived scene file together, give me a few days
> please, I'm in the middle of my own stuff right now.

 It just needs to be a little working SDL blurb that can be used as or pasted
into a macro.   Though sometimes it can be surprising what some people can do
with a little feature once they start to contemplate what it might be used for.

It was simply a suggestion - please take your time and pardon my shameless and
opportunistic "tagging" of you.  ;)

I hope your project is working out well.  I wish you further luck and success.