POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : printing object's identifier : Re: printing object's identifier Server Time
5 May 2024 10:55:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: printing object's identifier
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 17 Mar 2016 10:30:01
Message: <web.56eabebf374275025e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
jr <cre### [at] gmailcom> wrote:

> thank you for showing the correct use.  fwiw I did grep for this macro
> in all 3.7.0 (scene) files, it does not appear used anywhere.
>
> jr.

Given just HOW MUCH stuff POV-Ray has jammed into it, that's not entirely
surprising.   Documenting features takes a lot more time and care (for me) than
coding a scene.

Perhaps if you could write up a small, commented SDL file that illustrates and
demonstrates this particular feature, then it would be available to anyone in
the future searching the newsgroups and wanting to know how to go about using
it.

"Many hands make light work", and all that   :)

Glad you're getting it to work out.