POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : At wits' end : Re: At wits' end Server Time
18 May 2024 12:35:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: At wits' end
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 15 Mar 2016 09:50:00
Message: <web.56e811e2509d798c5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
It doesn't look like you ever decrement N once you enter the macro.
You CHECK #if(N>=0), but it doesn't look like you ever CHANGE N.

But then again I just woke up and coffee #1 has hardly been sipped yet.  :O

I chose to keep N>0, simply because I was using it move things around, and
because I was using it as my denominator for changing HSV values for the
different levels.

I've actually taken to using for loops rather than while loops lately - just too
stupid and inattentive at time to add that critical var=var+1 thing, and the
next thing I know POV is eating up every petabyte of memory in the metropolitan
area.
"Why is this tiny little scene taking so long to parse?"  ....   duh.

I've gotten into the habit of typing #for #end, or #if #end, and THEN filling in
the middle.   Even then I don't always avoid mind-bending debugging disasters.
;)