POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VR headset : Re: Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VRheadset Server Time
9 May 2024 13:28:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VRheadset
From: Clodo
Date: 12 Mar 2016 06:05:01
Message: <web.56e3f6cc3b547fa14e8811590@news.povray.org>
I'm happy you have addressed the Unix issue! Great!

In the mean-time, i write a draft of a Wiki page and write on the contact form
about how i can create it on the wiki.
http://www.clodo.it/host/images/53820b79ebb17bf6c2855e82e6ff97471a166b30.png

I also create a GitHub fork with the implementation in C
https://github.com/Clodo76/povray
Simply, in the current 'spherical' camera, i added two parameter: 'ipd' and
'ods'.
IPD, default 0.065.
ODS=0, The default spherical camera is used (no-stereo).
ODS=1, Left eye render (no-stereo)
ODS=2, Right eye render (no-stereo)
ODS=3, Side by Side
ODS=4, Top/Bottom

The C implementation is a little faster: i a sample scene, 19 seconds the C
implementation VS 22 seconds of the user-defined camera.

I'm thinking if i can cite my GitHub fork in the Wiki page, or it's not allowed.

I'm still looking how to implement support for the camera direction.
Current implementation use a forced <0,0,1> as direction as front view.
But with 'plants_demo_pano' rendering, i need another direction, otherwise the
cool stuff (tree) are behind me.

I hope i can post soon some nice render.

Jaime, sorry for your Cardboard... of course i can test your image with my
Oculus Rift.