POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Vibrating Plate WIP : Re: Vibrating Plate WIP Server Time
28 Apr 2024 15:29:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vibrating Plate WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 11 Mar 2016 14:20:01
Message: <web.56e31a405a67670a5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Le_Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:

> The end should be a closed loop....

How does it close?
Do you go up from the base, then around clockwise to the same point, then out to
that tail, or
over and around counterclockwise, like a cursive "e" ?

> you seems to have problem with high frequency alternated position (center)

There's some sort of anomaly in my my interpolation macro that I haven't figured
out yet.  That first segment of the Bezier curve goes berserk.

> And it's hard to check/see the green part with a perspective camera (I used
orthographic)

It's a thin Bezier patch, so it would probably disappear completely if I used
orthographic.   I haven't written a macro to plot out the Bezier-type spline
using the control points, so in order to get the "right" curvature, I used
POV-Ray's bicubic patch.   It does the job well enough to show that the control
points are OFF.   :D