POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.text.scene-files : Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VR headset : Re: Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VR headset Server Time
29 Apr 2024 05:21:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Looking for rendering Omnidirectional Stereo images for VR headset
From: Clodo
Date: 11 Mar 2016 09:35:00
Message: <web.56e2d72e6ae27ba34e8811590@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
>    Hmmm... I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but even with a simple
> test scene all I get is a black image. I'm using the latest alpha, and
> it doesn't gives any error, but the ray count on the output is zero. Any
> ideas?

- I downloaded the official POV-Ray.
- I downloaded this build (64 bit) and replace only the .exe in the POV-Ray
official
https://github.com/POV-Ray/povray/releases/tag/v3.7.1-alpha.8509766%2Bav119
- Open, create jaime.pov with exactly your code above, render:
http://www.clodo.it/host/images/a1c9425560bdcc869a362d71bfb6b11b339e3512.png
(480000 rays count).

Maybe you have a different Alpha build?