POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Vibrating Plate WIP : Re: Vibrating Plate WIP Server Time
28 Apr 2024 18:48:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vibrating Plate WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Mar 2016 23:00:01
Message: <web.56df9f6a5a67670a5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
OK, the disproportionate bulge was due to a stray holdover number.
Now I can't for the life of me figure out what that flaw in the uv-mapping is
due to.   I've been over it all a dozen times.  Replaced patches B and E with
code copied directly from the other unflawed patches.
It's always _something_.

Still not sure exactly why my interior and exterior textures are reversed.
(The blue & red grid is the interior)
Tried reversing my uv vectors so they went counterclockwise, and that just
turned the map, didn't invert inside/outside.

Getting close, though.   Getting very very close.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download '9smoothbicubicpatches_revised.png' (570 KB)

Preview of image '9smoothbicubicpatches_revised.png'
9smoothbicubicpatches_revised.png