POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Furry meshes with hgpovray : Re: Furry meshes with hgpovray Server Time
3 May 2024 09:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Furry meshes with hgpovray
From: Norbert Kern
Date: 8 Mar 2016 15:35:01
Message: <web.56df3732243d73359e16205b0@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:
> Thanks, Jérôme: it works like a charm. Instead tracing from random
> points around the mesh, with hgpovray I can trace from points just in
> front of each vertex, so I can reach places that would be inaccessible
> with the classic method. Here is a test with a knot from Wings3D (I just
> had to invert the mesh, as the normals seem to come inverted on the
> POV-Ray export).
>
> Now I just have to model a teddy bear with Wings3D... :)
>
> --
> jaime

Nice as always...

Margus Ramst wrote a nice fur macro in 2000
(http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3C39A10353.9F08EA9E@peak.edu.ee%3E/?ttop=292702&toff=850).
It isn't really fast and it needs much memory, but it is very versatile
regarding form, gravity influence and texturing. Beside that it covers objects
very good.

Norbert

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: