POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Vibrating Plate WIP : Re: Vibrating Plate WIP Server Time
28 Apr 2024 16:09:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Vibrating Plate WIP
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 8 Mar 2016 07:40:01
Message: <web.56dec7905a67670a5e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
The problem I have / had was not joining the patches together - I worked that
out last week with the 4 bicubic patches.

What I'm trying to do now is essentially take the corners of the patches, set
those as the data points, and interpolate the first and last rows to get the 2
intermediate control points of those rows, then run through all of the columns
to set all of the control points in rows 2 and 3.

I got the interpolation all worked out (so I thought), put together 9 patches,
linked all the corners and edges, and coded the whole interpolation of the grid.

Somehow, somewhere, the interpolation doesn't like the data.
I think it's the negative numbers, since my 9 patches are centered on the
origin.
The original javascript outputs, and inputs from SVG - so there aren't any
negative screen coordinates.

Looks like today I might be debugging THAT today to see where it goes
fundamentally wrong.

I can post in scene-files if anyone would like to look and help pick it apart.

or, actually,
Original javascript is embedded in an SVG here:
https://www.particleincell.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/circles.svg