POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Evolution Stage IV : Re: Evolution Stage IV Server Time
3 May 2024 11:13:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Evolution Stage IV
From: Pekka Aho
Date: 6 Mar 2016 05:25:00
Message: <web.56dc047f3e4dc27662caf38f0@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres <jai### [at] ignoranciaorg> wrote:

>    Fascinating... very "alienesque". But in all your creatures I'm
> missing something (maybe a mouth and/or eyes) to make them look more
> like they are alive.

Actually, I've been leaving out eg. eyes and mouth in purpose to give more
distant, obscure and out-of-our-world feeling to my creatures. :) Personally I
like the "faceless" look for some reason. Yes, I'm weird. :D

>    Looks like too much given your CPU... it's subsurface{} the culprit?

Yeah, it's pretty much everything together in my scenes: radiosity, focal blur,
area lights and SSLT that keep hitting my rig on its knees. I've planned to
invest on a double-Xeon machine next time I build myself a new comp. :)