POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bread : Re: Bread Server Time
4 May 2024 07:37:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bread
From: BayashiPascal
Date: 3 Mar 2016 10:00:00
Message: <web.56d85105b239b9f96e89f5aa0@news.povray.org>
> WOW.
> That's looking fantastic  :)

Thank you :-)

> Add a Swiss-cheese texture to the bread to give it the usual porosity,

Yes, that's the point that doesn't please me the most, I wish to improve it.

> and maybe
> use some sort of isosurface or heavily distorted cubes to do the cut bread
> surface to give it that jagged crumbly texture.

I thought about it too, but it may take me too much time (I want the whole image
to be completed this month). And anyway this may be not that visible in the
final image, this bread is not the 'main character' ;-)

>   A few loose crumbs on the
> plane would add to the realism.

Yes, I think about this too, but here too it may be overkill in the final image.
The image attached is just a test for this object in particular, which will be
used with others in a different context.

> Really excellent work - that must have taken a long time to code and get the
> textures just right.

Thanks again. It's taken me one week, on the evenings and week-end afternoons.