POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Omni-directional Stereo Content : Re: Omni-directional Stereo Content Server Time
29 Apr 2024 00:19:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Omni-directional Stereo Content
From: Clodo
Date: 3 Mar 2016 09:40:00
Message: <web.56d84b2e976329954e8811590@news.povray.org>
> To state clearly what you probably know - for non-stereo images -
> POV-Ray has the spherical built in camera

Sorry Bill P, this was my fault.
I tested spherical camera some days ago, but caused by an error in my code i
wrong suppose it is a POV-Ray problem. Sorry again.

I confirm that camera{spherical} without any other parameter (like angle) works
perfectly with every video player i tested in VR headset. Non-stereo of course.

I still think will be a great improvement if POV-Ray can support side-by-side
and up-down stereo format out-of-the-box, considering it's now a de-facto
standard and this kind of render will become common with VR headset upcoming
market.