POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Import of measurement data (ASCII format) in animation : Re: Import of measurement data (ASCII format) in animation Server Time
17 May 2024 23:37:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Import of measurement data (ASCII format) in animation
From: JorgeAE
Date: 3 Mar 2016 07:50:01
Message: <web.56d83245a405651b7f2c2ccf0@news.povray.org>
> Add these lines to the top of your file:
>
> #version 3.7;
> global_settings { assumed_gamma 1.0 }
> #include "colors.inc"

My code includes these lines, of course. I just had forgotten to copy them here
:)

> For your prism, if you are only making a square, then you only need 5 points
> instead of 7.   Your last 2 points are redundant.
>  prism {
>     linear_sweep
>     linear_spline
>     0,
>     0,
>     7,
>     <-2,-3>,<2,-3>, <2,0>, <2,3>, <-2, 3>, <-2,0>, <-2,-3>
>     pigment { Blue }
>   }

I am aware of the fact that only four different points are neccessary to define
the rectangle. The reason why I used six Points and not only four is that I
wanted to assign a spline line to each one of the six points. In that way, the
corners of the rectangle plus 2 points in the middle of both long sides would be
translated according to the (position) data I take from the Vibration file.

> If you could attach a copy of your data set, and maybe a diagram of the location
> of the points on the plate, it would be easier understand the full scope, and to
> head off anything that would need to be rewritten.

I uploaded three files: the vibration data as txt file, a diagram of the plate
with the real location of the measurement points and a diagram of the plate with
the measurement points located at the Corners, which corresponds to the code I
included here, where I intended to animate a "starting scenario".
(see
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.56d82b80a405651b7f2c2ccf0%40news.povray.org%3E/)